Revision as of 21:09, 23 March 2009 by Stephane.Carrez
This page is intended to give the useful pointers and information for me to administer my Linux computers.
Command to start Windows XP
virsh -c qemu:///system start windows-xp
Command to get the virtual manager
- Bacula Backup Software Suite. This is a really good backup software which supports the backup of several machines. I have been using it for more than 6 months and I've already used to restore functionality after I've removed by error several files. The restore worked really well and was quite fast. I'm doing the backup on disk only (in several volume files). [Bacula Documentation].
- Nagios Monitoring Application. I use nagios to monitor the good health of services, servers and routers I manage. [Nagios Documentation]
- Cacti is a complete network graphing solution designed to harness the power of RRDTool's data storage and graphing functionality. I use it to monitor the activity of the firewall, my internal router and stations. [Cacti Documentation]
- Dotclear is a blogging web application written in [PHP] and using a [MySQL] database. The [Dotclear documentation] is not the best we could find but it exists.
- The famous wiki application used by [WikiPedia]. The [Media Wiki Documentation].